Reply by Fortunebuilders

FortuneBuilders have been in the real estate investing business for over 10 years. We have coached and training thousands of investors, beginners to advanced, from around the country.

At all of our events and trainings we make it very clear that the real estate investing industry is not easy and contains risk. However, for those individuals who are willing to put in the necessary work along with training, there are opportunities for success in real estate.

If you want to succeed in anything, studying a system from people who actively do the business and guidance from coaches is the best way to achieve your goals. In the case of real estate investing, we strongly advocate for it to help mitigate the risk associated with getting started.

If anyone ever has any questions or concerns, or would like to know more about how we’ve helped our students accomplish their goals of investing in real estate, please feel free to contact us. We will always make sure we answer your questions and/or resolve any concerns.

Our phone number is: 800-917-9706
Our email is: support@fortunebuilders.com
Author's
26.5K views

Please, Please, before giving this scam outfit your 25k do your research. Do not research on the internet as all of the FB 'review' sites are controlled by Fortune Builders. Ask a local realtor or a real estate investor at your local Real Estate Investors Association.

Fortune Builders will give you a slick presentation about how they hand pick a few 'select' individuals to let into their circle. The inference is that you are 'special' if you are selected. They talk about who should join, the inference being the 'winners'. "People are either winner or they are losers", they will say. How's that for a not too subliminal challenge to one's ego?

Well, you are special if you are willing to give them 25 thousand dollars. They will conduct an interview that seems as though it is just that, with questions about your work history, maybe your education. Then the real questions that concern them. How much money do you have in the bank, how much available credit do you have, can you ask for higher limits, how much equity is in your home. If it adds up to 25k you are in, you are awesome. They do fail to mention that there will be a few added expenditures. You need to buy some domain names (money) you need to buy a business name (more money) you need to do marketing (way more money) you need to hire someone to do your logo ( you guessed it more $) to do your stationary, your business cards, your envelopes etc ($). They could plainly see that all I had was 25k and would never have the money for the added 'incidentals', but still they decided to not talk with me about them. Because they DO NOT care. If you happen to decide that 25k is just too steep, they will (I found out through other people I met at the seminar) hound you and hound you offering you discount after discount. Then after you join they will call you with an 'invitation' to join the coveted "Inner Circle' Oooh, now you're going to be really in the loop. An insider. Oh boy. Oh yeah, it'll cost you. Thousands more.

They tell you that this is an easy business with millions to be made. They fail to tell you how truly difficult it is to find a deal. At the prices one can offer to make a profit it is nearly impossible. You will make offer after offer and come up empty. If your market is at all competitive (which nearly all are right now) you are up against a big number of much more savvy, much more connected investors. You will most likely NOT get a deal. As a realtor told me RE agents make more money and don't have to risk anything. (Many, many rehabs lose money). Many, many-and that can be disastrous.

Fortune Builders has a Facebook page that allows students to post questions. This is to help all with their lucrative new businesses'. If you are looking for a lender for a project you will receive Zero responses. If you are looking for a reliable, affordable contractor you will have Zero responses. So if you do get a deal you have no money and no contractors. If however, you are wondering which of your 5 logo choices is the prettiest you will receive 50 responses and if you are an *** wondering if you should refinish the wood floors in a 1920s bungalow or carpet over them (!) you will receive 100 responses. These are serious business people you know.

Additionally, Fortune Builders will recommend that you work with Nevada Corporate Headquarters, an even slimier outfit than FB. DO check the reviews for them online. Ech. They also recommend that you sign up for Realeflow, a company that provides a product to help you organize your company data and provide you with some basic websites- they have worked with me for two months and still websites are not up and working correctly.

Bottom line is if you want to get into the business ask a realtor ask an investor, go to the library, join BiggerPockets (for FREE!). You will find that you will get more realistic info from these sources and save yourself 25k. All I have is a 1000/mo credit card payment that I can not afford because the slime balls at FB thought that they could use it more than I. BEWARE and be SMARTER than I!!!!

Oh, and they will also suggest you do illegal things (talk a realtor into 'hiring' you as an assistant to get you access to the MLS) and unethical, possibly illegal (submitting phony ghost ads). They are criminal in every way.

Additionally, look up Yelp reviews. Not legit reviews that is why FB is there!!!

Review about: Fortunebuilders Seminar.

Comments

Waco, Texas, United States #1196929

You're *** ***

Buford, Georgia, United States #1194290

Take your $50000 and use it to invest in real estate (as a down payment, buy land, REIT funds, etc). Don't throw it away on these worthless infomercial non-accredited "bus tour" seminars. If you must spend it on so-called "education", then invest in college classes, or a business degree, or get your real estate license.

Buford, Georgia, United States #1194286

I see FB adverts on many stations in the early hours of the morning. As a landlord myself, I wouldn't go near these clowns with a 30 1/2 foot pole.

A $10 "Dummy Guide to Real Estate Investing" will get me further than any Tran or Armando named person on TV will (with the small print on the screen saying "results not typical".

In a nutshell you can't buy real estate with no money down. And it helps if you are handy at fixing things.

There is no magic. Save your $25K+ for a down payment on real estate.

Fernley, Nevada, United States #1193003

at the first 2 hour seminar they show you all the ways you can make money doing this, then they ask if you want to work with them and that they have big money million air investiors that you will work with if you sign up for a 3 day workshop for $197.00 , they got my 197.

Then you go to the work shop and they have 1 speaker and 6 sales people they don't tell that's what they are, they make you believe there all big money investors. but there not they still don't say anything that any person that owns a home or has had a rental should already know .

on the 2nd day before you leave they tell you to fill out application to go forward and join mastery WHOOO WHOOO then they tell you it cost 49,997.00 for the top level or 19,997.00 for the lowest level but you have to be accepted first wait until tomarrow will let you know after we review your app.

They don't even offer you a website you can print all the offer forms and other forms you need to make offers , or the rental agreement forms if you buy a rental, all it was is a sales pitch to get your money. They go around to every market in the country and pitch this if the get 20 people at every city they make their millions.

At least the CARLTON SHEETS COURSE I bought 25 years ago had all the forms to make offers , and rental and lease agreements.

that's when I bought my first 2 homes with none of my own money just like he said I could do If I tried and it worked. FORTUNE BUILDERS IS A SCAM TO SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR 50,000.00 that most people don't even have that is why they go to learn and have all the materials you need to do this they offer nothing DON'T GO IT'S A BIG SCAM

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1192818

I almost forgot! They "teach" you all the ways to get money / barrow against house 401k credit cards etc for your first flip..

But in reality they're just wanting you todo these things to get you to cough up 25k + lee escobar the instructor kept sayin "that's it?!" For any high investment price to better your lifestyle for example spending 15k on marketing to get 1 lead sayin the 15k is an investment ..long story short sayin paying them 25k is an investment to make thousands ...again save. Your money and go on YouTube to learn about flipping ...it's all there

#1192813

SCAM! I attended and had lee escobar teaching the 3 day workshop for $197 the info they gave can ALL be found online example YouTube for FREE all the info he gives (actual helpful real estate facts/tricks) can be given out in a few hours..4 hrs MAX BUT the class is spread out into 3 days why?

To sell you a bs dream Lee basically told me if you don't pay the 25k for eduction for flipping you will fail . His exact words to me were "my dog could flip" saying it's not the flipping that's hard but the actual system keeping you successful which is hard. You dnt need to pay 25k for a coach who isn't even in your own state to "help you" I went out to successful flip and continue to do so. save your money and don't fall for it.

lee escobar And all the other ppl are SPEAKERS! SALES men they know how to make it all "sound good" you can do it without them.

Save your time and money and do your homework online. I promise you everything they tell you you can find online for free

U can tell FB troll here and comment with SUCCESS and calling people loosers for being honest..

Thank you for your candid review. I attended a 3 day workshop this weekend and I really enjoyed learning this new, to me, information.

I interviewed but knew I didn't have but a few pennies ($689) on hand and in the bank but interviewed anyway. I was told now may not be the right time and that someone will be in contact with me in regards to wholesaling, which I am interested in. I just got off the phone with him and before I read this I was ready to give them my last $500 of my $689 for a "tailor-made" 3 month wholesaling program. The program was originally $1997 for 6 months of the program but when I told them how much I had he stated he could "tailor make" it for $500.

I have the bulk of the $689 cash on-hand from teaching a jewelry class last night. THAT IS ALL I HAVE!!! I WAS willing to give it to them in hopes to get the mentoring in wholesaling and build on a better future for myself.

Thanks bunches for sharing and I am grateful that I thought to look into it more! I will connect with a local investor I know of and take my little money to the bookstore to invest in more research on wholesaling.

Can't thank you enough for your review!!!

I'm part of the inner circle master program and I've gotta say. I regret every penny I spent.

$50K is not worth it. If it was much cheaper, just a few thousand, yes it would be worth it. These people are devious scammers and I wish people would realize that you can learn all of this on your own with a *** of a lot less than $50,000. You really think what they are teaching has "never been heard of before" come on.

I'm not an outsider, I am part of the program and I am successful. I did not fail. But guess what, I didn't need them one bit. I'm not going to lie, they did teach me a few things I thought were very helpful.

But all in all, this program is a scam. Just another way for them to collect money. And I TOTALLY agree with the other person who posted on here and this is VERY IMPORTANT. Why do you think they ask you on the application how much money you have?

How much credit you have? How many things you have in your name? To help you with investing? *** no.

So they can see which people have the money and which don't. They don't care about you if you don't have the money, and you're not special at all for making it in to the program, you can just pay for it. They made me feel like I was smart and extremely qualified and driven enough for the position, but no. I just had some money in my account because my husband passed away and I spent it in an idiotic way because I thought I was helping myself.

I swear, I'd sue for turn builders if I could. Please, please be smarter than them.

to Anonymous Reno, Nevada, United States #1192683

Thank you for this! Tomorrow is my 3rd day of their pitch and I was completely prepared to spend the 50k!

Thank you for posting this. It's very helpful!

Yes. But can you explain what exactly happens in the mastery program and what does the people who pursue it have to say about it ?

Looks like you are giving an opinion. Not a fact backed by evidence.

to Anonymous #1106509

We are part of the program and well worth every penny. You want the education, tested systems, one on one coaching AND for them to build your business too? You sound like a consumer not an entrepreneur.

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #1087425

True True True and well said

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #1087420

before you buy in wait 4 months. we joined and every 3 months they do another seminar in our area.

how many people do you think the market can support.

Also due to some changes in the laws a lot of the ways to get a house to flip do not work anymore. they don't do houses they sell there system and will continue to do so as long as people don't know the truth.

to Sean Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #1087424

oh and we did the work. sent thousands of letters, went to a lot of meetings, hung flyers on house doors, and even teamed up with other investors.

the investors we worked with had been doing real-estate for years. Again due to the law changes and all the new investors they no longer due real-estate. I'm only on here because today I heard them at it again in the Boston area. but you can go and meet the people who will be beating you out on the deals because there are only so many houses out there and even fewer people who will sell low enough for you to make a profit.

unless you have your own money.

it cost to much to use other peoples money. I hope this saves even one person the time and money.

I own you. -Than Merrill

Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States #1078212

So i take it you failed

This is ***, your just a lazy loser who never made it work for you. I started mastery and have been making money because I implement action and continually market.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1056925

So glad I found this site. What all you people are failing to understand is that some of the same people who work for Fortune Builders have worked or have been Owner/Members of the following.

Challenge Systems(Robert Allen). Capital Investment Systems est 1993 /Global Resource Network, Financial Power group LLC est 1996, Top Investors Club est2005, Millionaire Mentor Group est2009,. Go ahead and look those companies up. Google them all and go to rip off report/reviewpedia/pissed consumer etc… and see all the complaints.

Read how all the complaints are the same. How all the sales tactics are the same. Then keep reading and you’ll see why. Also go to the bbb links and see that Scott Bell owned all but Challenge Systems.

Also go to the link below and see what they have to say at the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2012/07/real-estate-investment-seminars-promise-millions-in-reality-they-mostly-just-empty-your-wallet/ . When you go to this site see how NM links all the companies above all together. The people that worked for those companies are working at Fortune builders.

Also go to this link http://www.bizapedia.com/nv/TOP-INVESTORS-CLUB-LLC.html See who the members are at Top Investors club.

Christine Kasper, Elisa Stabile, Mike Kasper, Scott Bell.

This is what NM posted. Go to the link http://www.bbb.org/blog/2012/07/real-estate-investment-seminars-promise-millions-in-reality-they-mostly-just-empty-your-wallet/ See below

If your discussing Real Estate Pickers from California then yes they probably are a SCAM just as there previous company Millionaire Mentor Group (MMG) proved to be a SCAM. MMG used bait and switch tactics and a host of other tricks to SCAM individuals of their money.

Scott D Bell was the CEO and President of MMG now he is the owner of Real Estate Pickers and Stategic Coaching Alliance which may also be SCAMMING Cdn’s as the above reports seem to indicate.

Scott D Bell has a past record of these sort of SCAMMING business practices such as with Capital Investment Systems, followed by Global Resource Network Inc DBA as Nevada Global Resource Network Inc in the state of California. Scott Bell’s name is also connected to Financial Power Group along with Chief Denny and his attorney Rob Kovalsky of Kovalsky and Associates in California, and to Top Investors Club LLC along with Mike Kasper. He is connected to numerous others as well. Many of the above are notoriuos (in the wild west) for their SCAMS.

Scott D Bell recently declared bankrupcy but this isn’t stopping him. He may now be trying to hook up with Troy Stevens of Digital Success Institue from Utah. Digital is doing a seminar in Ottawa Canada soon along with the Steve Martel group. Hopefully this information will help others to sit up and take notice of what’s happening in this industry.

So, let’s go back in time to go forward and get to the present. Scott Bell was CEO and President of Capital Investment Systems and Global Resource Network back from 1993-2002. Elisa Stabile was the Vice President of sales and marketing for Capital Investment Systems and Global Resource Network from 1993-2002. I’ll repeat that VP of Sales and Marketing.

She is second in charge of their marketing and sales tactics. She is now with FortuneBuilders. Mike Kasper worked for them as a road crew speaker for the same duration of time. He is now with Fortunebuilders.

Under this company, for 9 years, they promoted several different programs from notes to foreclosures to flipping etc.. None of these people above that worked for these companies were Real estate investors during these 9 years but they claimed to be. The only investing they did was taking Millions of dollars of those people’s money for 9 years and spending it. Look up those two companies see the complaints.

Go to the rip off report and read the reports. See what the Federal Trade Commission had to say and see how they were implicated in “Operation Show Time” which target seminars selling fraudulent Business opportunities. Also, they were told by the Attorney Generals office to “cease and desist” for misleading business practices. State Attorney General Office 1-517-373-7117.

Case# 98-182. See below It appears that Global Resource Network assumed its business under a new name, parallel to numerous complaints and a previous derogatory rating with the BBB.(Click Here). There has been a warning issued by the BBB, and a cease and desist order imposed on them by the Attorney Generals office for misleading business practices. State Attorney General Office 1-517-373-7117, Case Number 98-182.

According to the Federal Trade Commission, Global Resource Network Seminar was implicated in the report entitled: Operation "Show Time" Targets Seminars Selling Fraudulent Business Opportunities and Investments FTC, State Law. It is highly probably that seminar instructors at the Global Resource Network Seminar implied that this was a great and easy home business, with deliberate intent to deceive. They made a lot of money as they held high pressure sles, for more and more expensive products to a trapped captive audience. These materials are sold for cheap or even for FREE: example "How To Get Started Profiting From Notes Even if you have not opened the box and tried the system, or faulted yourself..think again.

This lucrative business opportunity as depicted by seminar instructors does not exist. A New York Post reporter went in under cover to investigate this home business opportunity. Results: One year and 5 months after the course, the cummulative profit from an entire group of students (some who worked very hard in the business), was less than $1200. The student who made some money, is still about $4,945 (thousands) in the hole + all expenses incurred by the cost of labor and time.

Source (Washington Post) Voice Heard Around the Globe For those who have had a negative experience with Global Resource Network, American Investment Group, Capital Investment Systems, Don Burnham / Discount Buyers Association or Russ Whitney's MPAP / Leasecomm contract, we need your testimony to support a law suit and government investigation. As most do not have the time, to file with the FTC, FBI, CA AG/ and legal firms, please forward a note about your experience below, and we will do the legwork for you. Include the dollar amount you lost and hardship incurred as a result of the financial loss. Please pass the information along to anyone you met at the seminar, and have them do the same.

So, now Capital Investments/Global Resource Network are forced after 9 years to shut down because of all the lawsuits. 1993-2002. After they close those individuals above assume business as usual under Financial Power group LLC. If you look them up Scott Bell is listed as owner according to the BBB filing but not with the same guru’s as with the previous company.

It last 3 years and they close. Then those 4 individuals, as I showed you above, start Top Investors Club in 2005. Not much else for that club out there on the internet. I guess these great investors didn’t do too much investing.

I guess their own programs that they sold for 9 years couldn’t help them. 4 years go by. Then Millionaire Mentor Group in 2009 pops up,(dba Scott Bell Profits in Paper), which surprisingly has the same address as Capital and Global Resource Network. 2010 Jimmy Durante Del Mar CA 92014.

Just a different suite #. Scott Bell as CEO and President and guess who else was with him? There, we just made the connection between Top investors Club, where you can see they were all principals, all the way back through time and all the companies they created and worked for. Scott Bell goes off and as you read before continues on with other companies like Real Estate Pickers.

Elisa Stabile and Mike Kasper end up with none other than Fortune Builders. As of February 2012 –present, according to her Linkedln report dated 2012 was the “Preview Manager”. That means she’s in charge of all the previews where they ask you for $200. She’s the manager of all the previews.

Mike Kasper, according to social media lists his education as FORTUNE BUILDERS MASTERY COLLEGE CLASS 2012. So, what do you do when you are in charge as Road Crew manager at Fortune Builders? You get all the people that worked for, Robert Allen and Capital Investments and Global Resource Network and Financial Power Group and Millionaire Mentor Group, which if you recall were all in SAN DIEGO and BTW where Fortune Builders is and you put them to work. Mike Kasper is in Ottawa today speaking for Fortune Builders AUG 15 2015.

Woody Wolden is a speaker for Fortune Builders and worked for Capital Investments, Global Resource Network and Financial Power Group under Elisa Stabile. He worked out on the road crews and at the trainings for them. If you google his name now there is a page by Fortune Builders Entitled “CRUSHER”. Erin Marron, is on Fortune Builders road crew as well.

She worked under Elisa Stabile at Capital Investments/Global Resource Network. There is also Mike Clodfelter who worked for Capital and Global and Financial as a road crew member and now with Fortune Builders. These are the people that are out on Fortune Builders road crews trying to sign you up for their training. They are the same people that had been traveling around the country from state to state and town to town for 20 years telling you how they have made all kinds of money in real estate.

Each company they had a different guru they promoted. They jump from company to company and guru to guru. They do this because they build up a worse and worse reputation from “training” all these people in how to make money in Real Estate and the Attorney Generals in every state start investigating them because of all the complaints and they shut down. They claim they are in the business and making money in the business but they’re not.

They are all paid commissions on each sale. You can’t be traveling around the country 25 days out of every month enrolling people in the 3day training and be investors. Also, ask to see the transactions these individuals have done. Checks from deals they have done and they won’t have them.

Oh and of course they will have a line when you ask like “it’s not about me it’s about you”. Or, “I don’t disclose my financials”. Always the same as all the other Real Estate seminars before with some of the same cast of characters. Why would they employ these people that fleeced so many thousands of people out of millions of dollars?

If you are so LEGIT then why employ these people? If these people have been investing for 20 years with all these companies before why aren’t they rich by now? Oh yes I almost forgot. It’s because they are in the seminar business and make their entire living off commissions gained by selling real estate trainings while claiming to be investors as well.

I am going to be sending a file of all the information I have to the SEC and to the U.S. attorney General as well as State Attorney Generals. For all of you that have given money to these people come together and file complaints. Contact your State Attorney General and demand they investigate.

Contact the Federal Trade Commission. Contact and complain. This is the only way you have a chance in getting your money back. For all of those who are thinking about it.

If you read this and sign up you deserve what happens to you.

comments